Tuesday 18 February 2014

Afterlight: App review.

A new post so soon!? Aren't you guys just the luckiest ;) 

Instagram is deffffooooss my favourite social media, I take pictures of everything I do and I'm a very visual person so I love seeing what other people are doing rather than seeing a tweet about it. I'm also very nosey which probably doesn't help haha!

However for the longest time I have not used an actual Instagram filter, I just post pre-edited images on there. The app I do use to edit images is called afterlight, its 69p but lets be real, thats nothing, and its so easy to use and it can make pictures look AMAZING.

One of the main things I love about this app is how many options it gives you. At first this can be over whelming and you have no idea what to do but after a few times it gets easier and you find what preferences you have.




                        1.            2.           3.            4.              5.

1. This is where the majority of options are i.e. the most confusing part.


There are A LOT of things to choose from and I have nook idea what most of them actually do, I think most of them are very technical, which is cool I just have no idea how to use them!






These are the ones I use the most-


This one alters the exposure of an image (how light/dark it is)



These in order are: Clarity, this sharpens and brightens the image at the same time, idek but it makes it look fabb. Brightness, again darkness and lightness of the image. Contrast, how intense the colour are.

I use this one on every picture ever ever ever. It kind of makes the dark parts of the image softer by making them like a greyer tone, if that makes sense? But I love what it make an image look like!


2. These are the filters. There are A LOT, these ones are my top 4:



























I love how vintage they all are and they're all beautiful and amazing and I JUST LOVE THIS APP OK!?

3. Light leaks and dust: These are overlays that go over the top of an image and they're pretty cool, I like the dust ones because they make the image look old which is pretty cool, but I never use them. I LOVE using the light leaks though. Here are my 4 favies:




























4. Cropping rotation and straightening. Literally needs no explanation.

5. These are the borders. I pretty much only use this one because I like keeping the full image and this makes it square so I can upload it to instagram!

But YEAH, so I hope this has convinced you to download this app because it perfect and everyone should have it.




Quote of the day:

A good snapshot keeps a moment from running away.” 
Eudora Welty

Song of the day:



Ciao for now
Hope
xo





No comments:

Post a Comment